The Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Australia is proposing to amend the type rating information with the addition of new aircraft types and a new type certificate holder to the aircraft type ratings lists in Appendix IX of the Part 66 Manual of Standards.
The proposed Part 66 Manual of Standards Amendment Instrument 2023 (No. X) would enable the following changes to:
- Add a new type certificate holder – Airbus Canada Limited Partnership, and new aircraft types, to the list of TC holders and their aircraft type ratings currently listed in Appendix IX, Table 1.
- Update the aircraft type rating information in Appendix IX, Table 1 currently listed for the following type certificate holders:
- Cessna Aircraft Company.
- Gulfstream Aerospace LP, c/o Israel Aircraft Industries.
- Update the aircraft type rating information in Appendix IX, Table 2, Part 2 currently listed for type certificate holder – Airbus Helicopters Deutschland GmbH.
- Update the aircraft type rating information in Appendix IX, Table 5 currently listed for type certificate holder – Airbus Helicopters Deutschland GmbH.
The consultation period closes May 29, 2023. To access this proposal on the CASA Consultation Hub, click here.
The Aircraft Electronics Association encourages every employee of every Australian member company to take time to review the proposal and provide their views, comments, and concerns.
This is an ideal opportunity to highlight, while there may be some justification for a B-1 type rating, there is little reason to support a B-2 type rating, and these aircraft should be group rated.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Ric Peri, AEA vice president of government and industry affairs, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 202-589-1144.