LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — The AEA recently announced the preliminary schedule for the annual AEA Europe Meeting. The meeting will take place from June 3-4, in Cologne, Germany.
A full program is planned, including:
- Regulatory round tables
- Manufacturer technical training workshops
- Updates from EASA and the FAA
- OEM product information sessions
- An exhibit hall with nearly 20 companies displaying their latest avionics and instruments
products and services
- An optional Fast Trak training course on Wednesday, June 2. Ric Peri, vice president of government and industry affairs for the AEA, will present the course, titled “U.S. Regulations for Foreign Repair Stations in Europe.” This program will review the regulations applicable to a U.S.-certificated foreign repair station engaged in maintenance, preventive maintenance and alterations of U.S.-registered aircraft, components or accessories. This training program will review 14 CFR, Part 145, and how various other regulatory parts interface with Part 145.
The deadline to reserve a room at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Cologne under the AEA room rate is May 2. Make room reservations directly with the hotel.
AEA REGIONAL MEETINGS
The AEA hosts Regional Meetings throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the South Pacific. Each meeting hosts more than 100 attendees for two to three days of regulatory and technical seminars, business management sessions and exhibits. The AEA Regionals offer a forum to see, hear and learn about all the new technology on the market, network with industry peers and discover that best practices of the aviation repair station industry.
The following are the 2010 AEA Regional Meetings:
• AEA Canada Regional Meeting
Sept.1-3, 2010, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, 2620 32nd Ave. NE, Calgary, AB T1Y 6B8; 403-291-0107
Room rate: Single or double, CDN $159 per night
Deadline for hotel reservations: Aug. 1, 2010
• AEA South Pacific Regional Meeting
Sept. 13-14, 2010, Coolum, Australia
Hyatt Regency Coolum, Warran Road, Sunshine Coast, Australia 4573; 61-7-5446-1234
Room rate: Single or double, AUD $190 per night
Deadline for hotel reservations: Aug. 12, 2010
• AEA U.S. Central Regional Meeting
Sept. 29 to Oct. 1, 2010, Kansas City, Mo.
Embassy Suites at KCI Hotel, 7640 W. Tiffany Springs Parkway, Kansas City, Mo. 64153; 816-891-7788
Room rate: Single or double, $134 per night
Deadline for hotel reservations: Sept. 14, 2010
• AEA U.S. West Regional Meeting
Oct. 27-29, 2010, Reno, Nev.
Grand Sierra Resort Hotel, 2500 East Second St., Reno, Nev. 89595; 775-789-2000
Room rate: Single or double, $79 per night
Deadline for hotel reservations: Sept. 26, 2010
• AEA U.S. East Regional Meeting
Nov. 17-19, 2010, Tampa, Fla.
Embassy Suites Hotel, 3705 Spectrum Blvd., Tampa, Fla. 33612; 813-977-7066
Room rate: Single or double, $129 per night
Deadline for hotel reservations: Oct. 17, 2010
For more information, visit the AEA website at www.aea.net/Regional.
– 30 –
Founded in 1957, the Aircraft Electronics Association represents nearly 1,300 member companies in more than 40 countries, including government-certified international repair stations specializing in maintenance, repair and installation of avionics and electronic systems in general aviation aircraft. The AEA membership also includes manufacturers of avionics equipment, instrument repair facilities, instrument manufacturers, airframe manufacturers, test equipment manufacturers, major distributors, engineers and educational institutions.