LEE’S SUMMIT, MO, June 23, 2011 — The 2011-12 edition of the Aircraft Electronics Association’s Pilot’s Guide to Avionicsdebuts during the EAA’s AirVenture, July 25-31, in Oshkosh, Wis. The free Pilot’s Guide is available at the AEA’s AirVenture booth, No. 2035/36, Hangar B.
For the past nine years, the AEA has published the annual Pilot’s Guide to Avionics, a consumer’s directory containing buyer’s guides, educational articles and timely information about the avionics industry, its products and its people. The back portion of the Pilot’s Guide is a directory of AEA member certified repair stations and associate members.
Some of the articles featured in the 2011-12 Pilot’s Guide to Avionics include:
- “New Products for 2011”
- “Sound Advice on Headset Choices”
- “Choosing an Airborne Broadband System for Your Business Aircraft”
- “Glass Retrofits for Type Certificated Aircraft”
- “Going Glass: Experimental Owners Never Enjoyed So Many Options”
- “ADS-B: Learning the Ins and Outs”
- “Recreational Radios: How Fun Flyers Communicate and Navigate”
- “WAAS/GPS: Benefitting Early Adopters”
- “Before & After: Dream Panel Installations and Repair”
- “Avoiding the Bullies: Lightning & Turbulence”
- “Cell Science: Modern Batteries for Modern Airplanes”
- “So What is Your Customer Really Paying For?”
- “It’s the FAA’s Fault, Right?”
The AEA’s aim in publishing this annual guide is to help pilots make better avionics buying decisions and to assist them in locating repair stations certified by international regulatory authorities as capable of installing and maintaining these sophisticated pieces of equipment.
Thousands of Pilot’s Guides are distributed each year at no charge to all AEA members, National Association of Flight Instructors members, flying clubs throughout the U.S., and at the following events:
- EAA AirVenture, Booth No. 2035/36, Oshkosh, Wis., July 25-31, 2011.
- AEA Latin America Regional Meeting, Sao Paulo, Brazil, Aug. 10, 2011.
- AEA Canada Regional Meeting, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Aug. 31-Sept. 1, 2011.
- AOPA Aviation Summit, Booth No. 924, Hartford, Conn., Sept. 22-24, 2011.
- AEA East Regional Meeting, Naples, Fla., Sept. 28-30, 2011.
- NBAA Meeting & Convention, Booth No. C7216, Las Vegas, Nev., Oct. 10-12, 2011.
- AEA West Regional Meeting, Reno, Nev., Oct. 19-21.
- AEA South Pacific Regional Meeting, Auckland, New Zealand, Nov. 3-4.
- AEA Central Regional Meeting, Kansas City, Mo., Nov. 16-18.
- WAI Conference, Dallas, Texas, March 8-10, 2012.
- AEA International Convention & Trade Show, Washington, D.C., April 3-6, 2012.
To request a Pilot’s Guide, visit www.aeapilotsguide.net. The website includes an avionics glossary, repair station directory by state and country, archives of past Pilot’s Guide articles and much more.
– 30 –
Founded in 1957, the Aircraft Electronics Association represents nearly 1,300 member companies in more than 40 countries, including approved maintenance organizations specializing in maintenance, repair and installation of aircraft electronics systems in general aviation aircraft. The AEA membership also includes manufacturers of aircraft electronics equipment, instrument repair facilities, instrument manufacturers, airframe manufacturers, test equipment manufacturers, major distributors, engineers and educational institutions.