LEE’S SUMMIT, MO., Jan. 16, 2012 — One of the most popular sessions each year at the Aircraft Electronics Association International Convention & Trade Show is the New Product Introductions. This must-see event continues to draw the attention of the entire general aviation community, and this year is no different, as the Aero-News Network will be live-streaming the AEA’s New Product Introductions around the world on the Internet for the third straight year. This year’s production will be produced in high-definition quality for the first time. In addition, each NPI presentation will be syndicated by ANN to dozens of popular E-media and aviation sites, such as YouTube, and ANN will produce live programming throughout the week and conduct high-tech interviews from the AEA Exhibit Hall floor for even greater exposure. The live streaming will be available online at www.aea.net and www.aero-news.net.
The 55th annual AEA International Convention & Trade Show takes place April 3-6 at the Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center in Washington, D.C. It is the largest gathering of avionics manufacturers, distributors and government-certified repair stations in the world. It is a unique opportunity for manufacturers, distributors, technicians and business leaders to network and shape the future of avionics together, and it is the only wholesale avionics show representing nearly 90 percent of the international government-certified avionics shops. The event annually is the platform of choice by the industry for the introduction of new avionics products coming to market in the current year.
“The AEA is thrilled to be in the nation's capital for our 55th International Convention & Trade Show,” said Paula Derks, AEA president. “Our attendees will have the opportunity to network with their industry peers and keep up-to-date with industry trends by seeing new products with the major suppliers under one roof. In this new world of social media, text messaging, emailing and webinars, one thing remains constant: Our attendees still want to see, touch and talk product face-to-face. In addition, we look forward to ANN’s live-streaming coverage of the 2012 AEA New Product Introductions, which features the unveiling of several new products and services critical to our industry. We received excellent feedback from our members on last year’s coverage in Reno, particularly the live interviews with industry leaders and executives on the AEA Exhibit Hall floor, along with the YouTube postings of each company presentation during the New Product Introductions. The Aero-News Network is an outlet that provides attendees with an opportunity to broadcast their message to the entire aviation community, and we look forward to more of its outstanding coverage in Washington, D.C.”
The historic city of Washington, D.C., plays host to this year’s event. Avionics professionals will experience the following highlights, just to name a few!
- More than 75 hours of regulatory, technical and business management training and professional development.
- The AEA’s Fast Traks and technical training workshops are approved for credit toward the AEA’s Avionics Training Excellence Award, as well as accepted for FAA IA renewal and the AMT Awards Program.
- More than 135 exhibitors in the AEA Exhibit Hall. Save time and money by networking with hundreds of qualified decision makers face-to-face. In this new world of social media, this is your chance to see, touch and talk product in person.
- The event is the platform of choice for the introduction of new avionics products coming to market in 2012.
- Lean about the latest regulatory issues impacting the avionics industry. Representatives from the civil aviation authorities, including the Federal Aviation Administration, Transport Canada Civil Aviation, the European Aviation Safety Agency and others, convene to share vital regulatory information with all attendees.
- Manufacturers offer dealers deep discounts as a part of the AEA’s Show Specials. These specials are only available to attendees in Washington, D.C.
- More than $100,000 in scholarships awarded to avionics and aviation maintenance students.
- A wide variety of silent auction items to bid on, including avionics equipment, home electronics, wines, jewelry, golf items, sports collectibles, aviation art, gift baskets and much more, benefiting the AEA Educational Foundation.
- Oh, and did we mention FUN? Don’t miss the AEA’s social events, including the First-Nighter Party with a Crab and Beer Fest, the annual Awards Luncheon and the Last Call Reception.
ADDITIONAL HELP AVAILABLE FOR NPI PRESENTERS
In order to assist each participating AEA member make an effective and entertaining presentation during the AEA’s New Product Introductions, free professional production assistance is available for requests made by Feb. 10, 2012.
The Aero-News Network is offering NPI presenters access to its massive B-Roll library for video clips and graphics that may be used specifically for NPI presentations. In addition, ANN is offering help in selecting audio-tracks that are either royalty-free or options that may be obtained cost-effectively. This item is especially important, as subsequent webcasting or other public presentations will not be encumbered by unforeseen music copyright issues. NPI presenters should contact Jim Campbell, ANN editor-in-chief, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
MEMBERS OF THE MEDIA:
To access high-resolution images and logos of the 2012 AEA International Convention & Trade Show, visit www.aea.net/convention/DC2012/LogosAndImages.asp.
– 30 –
Founded in 1957, the Aircraft Electronics Association represents nearly 1,300 member companies in more than 40 countries, including approved maintenance organizations specializing in maintenance, repair and installation of aircraft electronics systems in general aviation aircraft. The AEA membership also includes manufacturers of aircraft electronics equipment, instrument repair facilities, instrument manufacturers, airframe manufacturers, test equipment manufacturers, major distributors, engineers and educational institutions.