The Basic Wiring & Avionics Installation course is designed for certificated repairmen, new avionics technicians, and aviation maintenance technicians interested in improving or acquiring the skills necessary to perform avionics installations. This three-day training course employs in-depth theory and hands-on lab exercises to immerse the attendee in the best practices used to plan, manage, and install a general aviation avionics panel. Installation lab includes: Avidyne IFD-540, PS Engineering PMA-8000 Audio Panel, Mid-Continent Instruments MD200-706 CDI, L-3 Lynx NGT-9000 Transponder/ADS-B Transceiver and Sandia SAE 5-35 Altitude Encoder.
Presented by: William Tramper, Azimuth Aerospace Solutions, LLC
FAA Accepted 8 Hours - Course # C-IND-IM-161028-K-010-002.
Course Objective: A course designed to provide the student with basic skills and knowledge to design, develop, plan, and perform the mechanical and electrical installation of a typical avionics suite.
- The students will perform a typical installation of an avionics suite.
- Students will understand what is involved and how to plan/manage an avionics installation.
- Students will gain an understanding of common installation considerations, procedures, methods, and techniques
- Students will gain an understanding of common antenna installation procedures.
- Students will gain an understanding of transmission line fabrication procedures and precautions
- Students will gain an understanding of specialized installation tools and how to properly use them when performing the mechanical and electrical installation for a given avionics package.
- Students will gain an understanding of required documentation.
- Students will gain an understanding and perform post installation check-out and testing.