Avionics Technician – PTK location
An Avionics Technician plans and coordinates daily activities to maximize efficiency and accuracy and carries out assigned avionics duties in accordance with proper procedures, methods, practices and techniques.
- Has a full understanding of all appropriate airworthiness requirements of Part 43 of 14 CFR and the company manual system.
- Performs avionics maintenance, alterations, and installations on aircraft using the methods, techniques, and practices prescribed in current drawings and instruction, or other methods, techniques and practices contained in the company manual system; using the tools, equipment, and test apparatus, within the current calibration, to assure completion of the work is in accordance with accepted industry practices.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the methods, techniques and equipment used in the maintenance of the products the incumbent is assigned to work.
- Has a working knowledge of the instructions applicable to the product the incumbent is assigned to work.
- Initiates and executes forms, tags, and other paperwork associated with the job.
- Reports all matters incongruous with the principles of airworthiness to the supervisor, inspection personnel, or if necessary, to management.
- Accomplishes all avionics tasks while maintaining liaison with inspection personnel in order to expedite the completion of assigned tasks and maintain a continuity of inspection.
- If necessary for continuity, makes both written and verbal turnovers.
- Ensures that precision tools and test equipment that are used on a job are within the calibration frequency established by the company M&TE Calibration Program and functionally serviceable prior to use.
- Ensures that safety equipment is utilized and that safety procedures are followed when situations prevail.
- Ensures that only current instructions are used on the job.
- Possesses sufficient hand tools to perform duties as required. Submits personal precision tools to the company M&TE Calibration Program.
- Attends training programs as established or scheduled by the company and attains a passing grade when so established by the training institution or the company.
- Makes proper entries on forms, tags, and work orders used by the company and assumes responsibility for work by signing off all work performed by signature, or I.D. stamp as directed.
- Maintains assigned work area(s) clean and orderly at all times.
- Maintain the highest level of quality and integrity.
- Other duties as may be deemed necessary.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must hold a current valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P) with no history of infractions and recent A&P experience on turbine powered aircraft.
- Factory or equivalent training on Gulfstream, Falcon, LearJet, Challenger, Hawker, or Citation aircraft preferred.
- Experience working under a FAA approved Part 145 repair station required and Part 135 experience preferred.
- Inspection Authorization and/or FCC License a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work days, nights, weekends, and overtime if needed.
- Superior customer focus, communication skills, and work ethic with a commitment to excellence.
- 5 years aircraft maintenance is preferred
May be required to work aircraft maintenance
We are an equal opportunity employer