Position Title: Avionics Technician
Position Reports to: Chief Inspector
Location: Cincinnati Avionics – Batavia, OH
This position is responsible for the installation, service, and repair of avionics and electrical systems for general aviation aircraft, such as, ADS-B, WAAS GPS, Airborne Navigation and Communication Systems, Autopilot, Compass Systems, Audio Panels/Intercoms, etc.
- Perform avionics maintenance, alterations, and installations on aircraft using methods, techniques, and practices prescribed in drawings, installation manuals, and techniques and practices contained in the company manual system.
- Able to produce a working set of wiring schematics customized for each avionics project.
- Communicate with team leaders during installation to ensure effective workflow.
- Identify and resolve issues in a timely matter as they arise during the project.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Degree or certificate from an accredited two (2) year college, university, or technical school in avionics maintenance or electronics preferred but not required.
- A&P License, Repairman Certificate, and past Avionics Experience preferred.
- Superior customer focus, communication skills, and work ethic with a commitment to excellence.
- Knowledge of avionics, electronic, and electrical test equipment.
- Proficient with AutoCAD a plus.
Cincinnati Avionics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sporty’s. Sporty’s is one of the most respected names in aviation. With corporate activities in every segment of light aircraft from training to maintenance to aircraft sales along with hangar space for more than 150 aircraft, Sporty’s has evolved from the “World’s Largest Pilot Shop” to “More Than A Pilot Shop.”