Wipaire, Inc., is looking to hire an Avionics Installer. We are a general aviation industry leader in diversified aviation services and have been recognized for quality products, services and technological innovations. Wipaire is a privately held company that has been in business for over 60 years. We provide a truly unique and rewarding work environment that values employees, along with their contributions to the success of the company. Our offices are located in South St. Paul and Inver Grove Heights at Fleming Field Airport.
The Avionics Installer wires, installs, tests, and verifies equipment and accessories; identifies and corrects failures; and communicates with manufacturers and co-workers in a timely and effective manner.
- Installs, wires, and mounts avionics systems and accessories in aircraft.
- Receives customer orders from Avionics Manager or Supervisor.
- Analyzes details of installation.
- Determines overall project solutions and methods.
- Determines correct interface of equipment being installed.
- Pulls appropriate parts.
- Obtains proper wiring diagrams per specifications.
- Fabricates equipment shelves per customer specifications.
- Fabricates and installs antenna doublers.
- Modifies existing instrument panels or fabricates new panels.
- Properly programs / configures installed equipment.
- Completes configuration sheets and all other paperwork required for FAA approval of the installation. Completes required internal repair station documentation and configuration sheets.
- Performs final testing using appropriate test equipment.
- Maintains effective relationships with management, staff and other departments to deliver high quality service to customers and the organization.
Qualifications/knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Two year Trade School or Vocational Degree in Avionics or equivalent work experience required.
- Three years minimum related experience in installation and/or avionics technician work in the aviation industry preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Internet.
- Knowledge of FAA certification processes, including parts, repair processes, drawings, and all applicable compliance requirements preferred, but not required.
- Ability to meet FAA regulatory and safety requirements in all aspects of work.
- Ability to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders, use finger and hand dexterity in using hand tools, and move around the shop area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Ability to comply with drug testing requirements in compliance with federal regulations.
Wipaire offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package. Please e-mail resume to: email@example.com or mail/fax resume to our office. No calls or walk-ins please. Wipaire is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Women, minorities, the disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.