This course is designed for technicians who have completed the AEA’s Basic Wiring course and/or have a couple of years of basic avionics installation practice, familiar with basic soldering skills and are looking for experience in LRU bench testing and avionics flight line testing. ADS-B transponder systems, nav/ILS and VHF comms will be the focus of study. Technicians will fabricate a general-purpose test panel, a bench test harness, and a transponder test harness that they will use in the course.
Presented by: Don Dominguez of Radioman Avionics
- Review electronic parts identification.
- Wire identification.
- Soldering skills practice.
- Lab class; hands-on fabrication of a general-purpose test panel.
- Pilot interface to aircraft radios.
- Bench harness fabrication.
- Bench-testing common avionics.
*Attendees will keep their fabricated test panel and harness projects!