The Basic Wiring & Avionics Installation course is designed for certificated repairmen, new avionics technicians, aviation maintenance technicians and recent graduates interested in improving or acquiring the skills necessary to perform avionics installations. This three-day seminar employs in-depth theory and hands-on lab exercises to immerse the attendee in the best practices used to plan, manage, and install a general aviation avionics panel. Installation lab includes: Garmin GNS 530, GMA 340, MidContinent Instruments and Avionics MD200-206CDI, L-3 Lynx NGT-9000 Transponder/ADS-B Transceiver and Sandia SAE 5-35 Altitude Encoder
Presented by: William Tramper, Azimuth Aerospace Solutions, LLC
Course Objective: A course designed to provide the student with basic skills and knowledge to design, develop, plan, and perform the mechanical and electrical installation of a typical Garmin avionics suite.
- The students will perform a typical installation of an avionics suite.
- Students will understand what is involved and how to plan/manage an avionics installation.
- Students will gain an understanding of common installation considerations, procedures, methods, and techniques
- Students will gain an understanding of common antenna installation procedures.
- Students will gain an understanding of transmission line fabrication procedures and precautions
- Students will gain an understanding of specialized installation tools and how to properly use them when performing the mechanical and electrical installation for a given avionics package.
- Students will gain an understanding of required documentation.
- Students will gain an understanding and perform post installation check-out and testing.