Garmin is looking for Avionics Installation Technicians! We’re seeking hard-working, hands-on technicians to install certified and experimental avionics systems in Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) part 23, 25, 27 and 29 aircraft at our hangar in New Century, KS. Our avionics installation technicians modify aircraft to accommodate panel and remote mounted avionics equipment. They also assist in development of documentation for new avionics system. Must be able to prepare new aircraft wiring harnesses in accordance with engineering drawings and installation documents, as well as troubleshoot existing avionics installation interconnects. We want to help make your passion for aircraft soar!
Essential functions include:
- Prepare new aircraft wiring harnesses in accordance with Engineering drawings and installation documents
- Troubleshoot existing avionics installation interconnects
- Use ramp test equipment to verify proper function of installed avionics
- Assist Engineering in development and verification of new installation documentation
- Compliance with DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements
Qualified candidates must possess a High School Diploma or GED. Other requirements include:
- Must possess experience substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description with installing avionics systems in piston, turbine and turbojet aircraft
- Must possess demonstrated ability to read and interpret aircraft wiring diagrams and installations manuals relevant to Garmin’s business needs
- Must possess understanding of commercial avionics interface standards and their installation relevant to Garmin’s business needs
- Must possess experience, substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description, in implementation and modification of aircraft pitot-static systems
A FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic certificate, a FAA Inspection Authorization, experience using desktop computer systems and experience producing and modifying drawings using AutoCAD is highly preferred!
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants please apply using the following link: